Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Like Christmas

Stopped home in the middle of my work day and found a box of goodies waiting for me on the porch.


For you geeks here's what I got:
-Alex Rims 26" DM24
-Surly front New Hub disc
-Shimano XT disc rear hub
-DT Swiss 14 gauge spokes and brass nipples
-Cane Creek S3 Headset
-Park Tools WAG-4 (wheel dish gauge)
-Park Tools TM-1 (spoke tension meter)

I've always gotten a kick out of Surly's parts being packed in a brown paper bag.


Put some Beastie Boys on the stereo, sat down with Sheldon and Leonard and got down to business this evening. I got the front wheel laced. Tomorrow I'll throw it on the truing stand and try and get it dialed. First wheel build for me. Once I got the rhythm of it it was quite enjoyable.




Fun to turn a pile of parts into something that resembles a workable wheel.



-Bike wrider

No comments:

Post a Comment