Sunday, July 29, 2012

Speak Up

Dear silent cyclist,
please speak up. Or better yet ring a bell.

A simple "bike behind you" would do. 

Fortunately it was morning and the sun cast your shadow just far enough ahead of you to make me pause before I completely took you out and ruined both our mornings.

Image from: CruiserCandy.com

Little wRider and I had paused briefly to look for salmon in the creek and I never heard you coming as I prepared to remount and roll on.



I do my best to remain aware of my surroundings, and I know it gets old having to announce you presence over and over on a busy day (especially when almost everyone is iDeaf from their silly ear buds), but it sure beats a whole bunch of road rash, or slamming into the guardrail on the bridge where you passed me.

Hope you enjoyed your morning ride,

Bike wRider

No comments:

Post a Comment