Thursday, July 26, 2012

Little Ride Report

I was out doing field work today.  When I got out of the mountains I got the ride report from Mrs.' and Little wRider's afternoon.  They took the chariot and his push bike up ride Powerline Pass. 

The summary of Little's ride was something like 3ish miles on the push bike, 2 creek crossings, tons of coasting through puddles and about 30 instances of him calling out "wall ride" and rallying a berm or hill off the side of the trail (occasionally preceded with "my turn.")

No pressure from Mrs. for him to ride, it was all initiated by him.  He apparently was still happily riding up and down the curb at the trailhead while she loaded the car.

Made my day to hear how much fun they had.  . .  . we might regret it in a few years if he's out sessioning dirt jumps or 14 and making plans for the Iditarod Trail Invitational, but we'll cross that creek when we get to it.



2 comments:

  1. That is a terrific photo for many reasons. Congratulations to little wRider and the whole family. For me, as a parent, there is no prouder moment than when a kid explores and excels at something they love to do. All the better if a bike is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so much fun to watch him having fun, and you're right, that much sweeter for me if it's bikes.

    ReplyDelete