Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting Dummer




There's going to be a new arrival in our household soon:




A combination of factors came together and made it possible for my wife and me to purchase a Surly Big Dummy frame and an Xtracycle longtail kit.

I'm hoping to get something like this built up for this summer. I've got to cobble together some parts, build a couple of wheels and get rolling sooner rather than later. I'm anticipating the final price tag with be significantly less than what a Big Dummy complete costs. Mr. Whirly cranks would be nice, but I can't justify it when we've got a bun in the oven.



Looks like our weekly polo games are about to get a little more interesting.

- bike wrider

1 comment:

  1. So, another horse in the stable, huh? I like it; kind of the bike version of a mini-van...Do they make tandems - the whole family on one bike? Gonna be ready when we come out?

    RB

    ReplyDelete