Saturday, December 1, 2012

Surly's Ideatron

So by this morning I had heard back from Eric, one of the fine folks at SurlyBikes, regarding my 26+ suggestion: 





Nthn,

Your idea has been submitted to the Ideatron 8000.

We’ll see where it goes from there.

Thanks,
Eric Sovern
Surly Bikes



Obviously I'm simply overjoyed that Surly would ever think that something I suggested is worth submitting to any Ideatron, much less to the Ideatron 8000.

Heck, I'm impressed that anyone from Surly ever took the time to write me back when they could be doing much more important things with their day, like riding Krampi.

Mission 26+ may never go any further than this, but I will forever hold on to a small glimmer of hope rooted in the words "We'll see where it goes from there." and I thank Eric for that.

1 comment:

  1. RAD! I hear that the 8000 is the result of a complete design overhaul after the new-at-the time 7000 spit something out about moving to carbon fiber on the karate monkey, at which point it was ruthlessly shit-canned (the 7000, not the karate monkey). Initial reports are that the 8000 is performing flawlessly. This is all second-hand information, but it's exciting second hand information. I think your tire idea is pretty killer, I was just telling my ride partners about it today. It should exist.

    ReplyDelete